Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting a "target" value
Not really sure what to call what I want to do so I'll give a lathe example. A cleanup cut is made on a piece of stock & the diameter is determined to be .303. The desired diameter is .241. Is there a way to enter the difference of .062 (target) and work towards zero?
(12-27-2016, 11:49 PM)leepeedin Wrote: Not really sure what to call what I want to do so I'll give a lathe example. A cleanup cut is made on a piece of stock & the diameter is determined to be .303. The desired diameter is .241. Is there a way to enter the difference of .062 (target) and work towards zero?

Lee,
This is the "set dimension" function. You can long-press the axis and type .241-.303 ( I think that dialog supports arithmetic expressions). 
I don't have the app in front of me right now. Will double-check tomorrow.

Thank you
Yuriy
Wink 
(12-28-2016, 04:48 AM)V Yuriy Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 11:49 PM)leepeedin Wrote: Not really sure what to call what I want to do so I'll give a lathe example. A cleanup cut is made on a piece of stock & the diameter is determined to be .303. The desired diameter is .241. Is there a way to enter the difference of .062 (target) and work towards zero?

Lee,
This is the "set dimension" function. You can long-press the axis and type .241-.303 ( I think that dialog supports arithmetic expressions). 
I don't have the app in front of me right now. Will double-check tomorrow.

Thank you
Yuriy
Thanks for the reply - I'll check it out on Thu when I have some more shop time.
Worked great!