Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiring help

Please help guys I have tried every diagram out there and still cannot get my Accurite DRO Plus scales working right.  I try to attach images but keep getting image is too large message..  I am so frustrated and I have my X scale off of the machine until I sort this out which means I can't really even use the mill.  How do I reduce the size of images so I can upload them?

Paul

Update..12/25/16 Merry Christmas everyone!

I got the images resized and uploaded.  Thanks for the link to the resizing software Les! 

The closest I got to getting it working was the last diagram on this link...
http://www.yuriystoys.com/2016/12/connec...apter.html

After I calibrated to 2476 (I think,) I could move my scale from on end of the 16 inch travel and all the way back
and be right on.  The problem is it wouldn't update the reading instantly and seemed to be inaccurate except at full travel.

Thanks in advance for all the help guys. 

Yuriy, I no longer have the links to the scales I purchase about a year ago.
(12-24-2016, 10:45 PM)CrownXO Wrote: Please help guys I have tried every diagram out there and still cannot get my Accurite DRO Plus scales working right.  I try to attach images but keep getting image is too large message..  I am so frustrated and I have my X scale off of the machine until I sort this out which means I can't really even use the mill.  How do I reduce the size of images so I can upload them?

Paul

Paul,
Can you post a link to the scales you are trying to use?

Thank you
Yuriy
Hi CrownXO,
This is a link to the image resize program that I use. It will resize a batch of files.
https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/
Les.
(12-24-2016, 10:45 PM)CrownXO Wrote: Please help guys I have tried every diagram out there and still cannot get my Accurite DRO Plus scales working right.  I try to attach images but keep getting image is too large message..  I am so frustrated and I have my X scale off of the machine until I sort this out which means I can't really even use the mill.  How do I reduce the size of images so I can upload them?

Paul

Update..12/25/16 Merry Christmas everyone!

I got the images resized and uploaded.  Thanks for the link to the resizing software Les! 

The closest I got to getting it working was the last diagram on this link...
http://www.yuriystoys.com/2016/12/connec...apter.html

After I calibrated to 2476 (I think,) I could move my scale from on end of the 16 inch travel and all the way back
and be right on.  The problem is it wouldn't update the reading instantly and seemed to be inaccurate except at full travel.

Thanks in advance for all the help guys. 

Yuriy, I no longer have the links to the scales I purchase about a year ago.

I did update my original post and provided the requested information.

Paul
Would I be better off going with the AccuRemote scales? If it is too difficult to get the IGaging Absolute Dro plus scales I bought working I would definitely be willing to buy another set of scales. I have even considered buying a packaged system from ebay but nothing matches this amazing DRO software and board that Yuriy has put together. If you guys just let me know what I should buy, I am still ahead and can use my 16" IGaging DRO plus with factory read head on my Sherline mill. I would really like to get my mill working with the TouchDRO system. What about these scales from AccuRemote?

https://www.amazon.com/AccuRemote-ACCURA...GHDM3EZ051
(12-28-2016, 01:59 AM)CrownXO Wrote: Would I be better off going with the AccuRemote scales?  If it is too difficult to get the IGaging Absolute Dro plus scales I bought working I would definitely be willing to buy another set of scales.   I have even considered buying a packaged system from ebay but nothing matches this amazing DRO software and board that Yuriy has put together.  If you guys just let me know what I should buy, I am still ahead and can use my 16" IGaging DRO plus with factory read head on my Sherline mill.  I would really like to get my mill working with the TouchDRO system.  What about these scales from AccuRemote?

https://www.amazon.com/AccuRemote-ACCURA...GHDM3EZ051

Paul,
I haven't seen PCB version 4.7, so there is a non-trivial chance that iGaigng changes something again. If you'd be willing to lend one of the scales to me for a few weeks I can check with a scope to make sure it's still using the Mitutoyo protocol.
Generally AbsoluteDRO have been trouble from the get-go. iGaging people seem to have no clue what they are selling and keep changing things every 6 months (intentionally or unintentionally). AccuRemote and the "classic" scales are made by Shahe and that company appears to have it together a bit better.

Thank you
Yuriy
Thanks for the response Yuriy. I know you are overwhelmed with all the please help. I soldered two micro b USB boards together last night so I could see what is actually going on with the read head and scale. I did find VCC is definitely around 3 volts always. And ground is always ground. I did tie ground and ID together and the scale still functioned fine with the DRO+ reader. Tomorrow, or at least before Sunday, I will bring home the lab scope and see what is happening on the D- and D+ lines (Data and Clock on the board,) and report back. Thanks again for the amazing project and I look forward to getting my DRO working. Thanks for all the hard work.

Paul