Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fluctuating reading on 1 axis of 3
Hi all,

I have been using a TouchDRO board, with 2 iGageing scale on my mill for some time and they have functioned perfectly.

I recently added a 3rd scale (all 3 scales were bought at the same time and are identical, except for their length - I've only just made the mounting hardware for the 3rd scale).

I am seeing large, sporadic jumps in the reading on this new axis. For example, if I zero the readout, within a few seconds, it jumps 4 or 5mm in either direction. The amount of the jump seems consistent between  Zeros...ie, if it jumps +4mm, it can jump back to zero, or up to plus 8mm. If I then re-zero, it will jump by a different amount. This is with or without any ambient electrical interference...

The scales have all had their original cables replaced with shielded cables. 

I don't know if this is significant, but the affected scale/readout is connected to the x-axis on the board, even though it is z-axis on the mill itself.

I plan to try a different channel on the board (w), but I thought I'd ask here too, just incase there was a definitive 'fix' for this behaviour..?

Cheers

Paul
Paul,
Try pluggin the new scale into an input that was working correctly and see if it does the same thing.