Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stepper motorized rotary table+Touchdro
Hello there,

i am just about to fit my BF20 with Touchdro+magnetic scales, while waiting for the parts to arrive im experimenting with
the Ti msp430 Launchpad and realizing that it can also be used to drive steppers, i came to the idea(what i always wanted) to add a stepper to my rotary table.

My Question: is it possible to add a stepper to the existing launchpad or would a second pad do the job?

Is it possible to show the stepper/table readout in touchdro or do i need to organize a fully independent system?

Thanks in advance for all your thoughts on this project,

Thecure
(03-06-2018, 06:19 PM)Thecure Wrote: Hello there,

i am just about to fit my BF20 with Touchdro+magnetic scales, while waiting for the parts to arrive im experimenting with
the Ti msp430 Launchpad and realizing that it can also be used to drive steppers, i came to the idea(what i always wanted) to add a stepper to my rotary table.

My Question: is it possible to add a stepper to the existing launchpad or would a second pad do the job?

Is it possible to show the stepper/table readout in touchdro or do i need to organize a fully  independent system?

Thanks in advance for all your thoughts on this project,

Thecure

Hi,
It depends how much programming you can do. The protocol is pretty simple and you can simply sent the number of steps as W axis output.
Regards
Yiriy