Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LMS Magnetic Scales
I'd like to use magnetic scales from LMS (for my 3990) but the board they offer is not Yuriy's, which is important to me because Yuriy's board has much more capability built in.  LMS doesn't describe any of the technical wiring details and they're offered as bare wire outputs.  I know that Yuriy's mixed board can take bare wires but does anyone have experience with the LMS scales and do they work with Yuriy's board?  I've read through all the info I can find on the forums and can't seem to get a definitive answer.
(03-03-2018, 08:31 PM)jskelton Wrote: I'd like to use magnetic scales from LMS (for my 3990) but the board they offer is not Yuriy's, which is important to me because Yuriy's board has much more capability built in.  LMS doesn't describe any of the technical wiring details and they're offered as bare wire outputs.  I know that Yuriy's mixed board can take bare wires but does anyone have experience with the LMS scales and do they work with Yuriy's board?  I've read through all the info I can find on the forums and can't seem to get a definitive answer.

The head has wire functions written on it, so you will be able to figure out what wires go where. The scales work with the Quadrature board better than with the board that LMS sells. These need very careful alignment, though, so take your time while mounting the head (not a problem as long as you are careful). 

Regards
Yuriy