Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enclosures
Well, after looking at everything and doing some research I ordered a board for quadrature scales.  I already have the Shumatec dro(350) on my lathe, but I find Yuriy's TouchDro to be quite fascinating and the Shumatec is very old technology.  I already have a tablet (Nextbook).  I bought it for my wife and loaded the Kindle app  on it so she could read her romance novels.  The app didn't work for her, so I bought her a Kindle and now I have the Nextbook.  The TouchDro app seems to work very well on it (as far as I can tell with no scales attached).

At this time I do have a question to anyone who would like to answer.  What is the size of your enclosure and where did you purchase it?  I realize  that the sizes will be dependent on what board you have purchased, but that will give me something to base my decision on.
TIA

Effi...
Hello Effi

I have the board with the MicroB connectors. I purchased an enclosure off of E-bay that was listed as 83X58X35mm. It has a gasketed lid and two external mounting ears for attaching the box. Really is a pretty nice box and can be had for under $2 if you are willing to wait on overseas shipping. I milled accurate openings for each microB and the power plug and milled a small L shaped retainer to hold the board secure. Search E-Bay with simply 83X58X35mm and a bunch will come up.
(02-26-2018, 01:38 AM)louthedog Wrote: Hello Effi

I have the board with the MicroB connectors. I purchased an enclosure off of E-bay that was listed as 83X58X35mm. It has a gasketed lid and two external mounting ears for attaching the box. Really is a pretty nice box and can be had for under $2 if you are willing to wait on overseas shipping. I milled accurate openings for each microB and the power plug and milled a small L shaped retainer to hold the board secure. Search E-Bay with simply 83X58X35mm and a bunch will come up.

Louthedog, thanks for the heads-up.  I will go to e-bay and have a look.