Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DRO reacts to switching the motor on
Dear forum members
I am new to the forum and I have the following problem with yuri's DRO. I ahve built and installed the 3 axis DRO on my chinese drill press.
The DRO seems to work fine until the moment I switch on or off the drill motor. Than my dro read out jumps to a random new value which makes it in real practical use unusable. I read somwhere that the wires between the box and measuring heads should be changed to shielded usb cables.
I use the Igaging measuring systems ( X,Y and Z) when I used the the units with their original read out boxes with batteries they worked fine except for the shortbattery life and automatic switch off function , which were irritating features.

Before starting to work on this by myself I thought it is better to first ask on this forum if anybody had the same problem and if so what may be a good idea to solve this.
Also an address where to order the shielded usb cables will be helpfull.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards
Fred
(02-07-2018, 10:48 AM)Magnadutch Wrote: Dear forum members
I am new to the forum and I have the following problem with yuri's DRO. I ahve built and installed the 3 axis DRO on my chinese drill press.
The DRO seems to work fine until the moment I switch on or off the drill motor. Than my dro read out jumps to a random new value which makes it in real practical use unusable. I read somwhere that the wires between the box and measuring heads should be changed to shielded usb cables.
I use the Igaging measuring systems ( X,Y and Z) when I used the the units with their original read out boxes with batteries they worked fine except for the shortbattery life and automatic switch off function , which were irritating features.

Before starting to work on this by myself I thought it is better to first ask on this forum if anybody had the same problem and if so what may be a good idea to solve this.
Also an address where to order the shielded usb cables will be helpfull.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards
Fred

Fred,
Please take a look at this page: http://www.yuriystoys.com/2013/07/three-...cales.html and this page http://d2osyvzfa02d73.cloudfront.net/res...olems.html. This should give you a starting point.

Thank you
Yuriy