Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long can you leave it plugged in?
HI am working on brackets for my Y axis and couldn’t finish last night.  I wanted to leave the board plugged in to save  the workspace zero on the job but chose not to...  How long can I leave it plugged in?  Could I have left it on overnight?  Actually, do I even have to leave it on to save the workspace location?  

I’d rather unplug it when it’s not in use to reduce harm. But I may be over thinknging this. 

Any thoughts our experiences would of great help. 

Thank you,
_Mike
From my limited experience, I have closed the app and shut the tablet off leaving the board powered up then reconnected the next day with no issues as far as losing position. Have been very careful not to move the mill table or lathe positions until I started the app.
(01-24-2018, 11:13 AM)Mtracz Wrote: HI am working on brackets for my Y axis and couldn’t finish last night.  I wanted to leave the board plugged in to save  the workspace zero on the job but chose not to...  How long can I leave it plugged in?  Could I have left it on overnight?  Actually, do I even have to leave it on to save the workspace location?  

I’d rather unplug it when it’s not in use to reduce harm. But I may be over thinknging this. 

Any thoughts our experiences would of great help. 

Thank you,
_Mike

Mike,
I leave my board powered up 24/7. That particular board has been running for 5 years or so. As long as it doesn't run too hot (as in over 85 degrees C hot), the caps will last for decades, and there is nothing else that will wear out on it.
The app will store it's state when you shut it off and reload it when it starts. The board will keep track of the spindle position with the app turned off.

Regards
Yuriy