Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rotary Encoder with touch DRO
Hi Yuriy / all, 

Do you know of a cheap rotary encoder that would work well on a dividing head? I would like to fit one to a dividing head to divide 360deg instead of using the dividing plates. Does the touch DRO software display divisions or does it only display degrees? If not then perhaps a work around would be to change the CPI value? 

Your thoughts on this subject would be much appreciated. 

Regards
Mark
(01-15-2018, 09:44 PM)HarriPort Wrote: Hi Yuriy / all, 

Do you know of a cheap rotary encoder that would work well on a dividing head? I would like to fit one to a dividing head to divide 360deg instead of using the dividing plates. Does the touch DRO software display divisions or does it only display degrees? If not then perhaps a work around would be to change the CPI value? 

Your thoughts on this subject would be much appreciated. 

Regards
Mark

mark,
I found a 800 PPR Omron knockoffs on eBay that output clean quadrature signal. I'm driving mine through 5:1 belt ratio, so I end up with 4000 pulses per revolution.
Thank you
Yuriy
Thanks Yuriy,

Your 5:1 ratio belt setup has just given me an idea. I can drive the encoder using the indexing handle on a worm gear which will give me very good accuracy as long as eliminate the backlash.

Many thanks
Mark

Ps. I look forward to testing the next touchDRO beta release Smile