Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Board Enclosure etc
Hi all,

New here and would like to upgrade my mill to Touch DRO.  I presently have the Igaging EZ View DROs installed on the mill and they work fine.  Couple of questions:

Will the EZ-View scale connectors plug directly into the Adapter Board With Micro-B Connectors?  The Igaging scales look like Micro-B, just wanted to make sure.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an enclosure box?

I will be using an LG G-Pad F 8.0 for the display.  I have uploaded the App and started playing with it.  Seems the display does not time out and auto shut off.  Is this true (certainly preferred as I will have it plugged into power)?

Also suggestions on mounting the Board and Tablet to the mill would be appreciated.  I presently have the EZ-Views stacked on a mounting arm .

If your scales are micro B then yes they will just plug in. As for the display no it does not shut down until you turn it off. I leave my adapter board plugged in on long projects and close the app then turn off the tablet when I'm done for the day. You can then reopen the app and pick up where you left off the next day.
Thanks Tweinke.

I ordered Yuriy's Adapter Board with the Micro USB connectors. I made the tablet mounting bracket yesterday, and will fab an enclosure to mount the board once it arrives.

Will post some pics when it's up and running
It's too bad there is no ready made enclosure but if you have a 3d printer it wouldn't be too hard. I used a 6x6x4 electrical box from the local hardware store. Please do posted some pictures when you have time.
(01-05-2018, 12:11 AM)Tweinke Wrote: It's too bad there is no ready made enclosure but if you have a 3d printer it wouldn't be too hard. I used a 6x6x4 electrical box from the local hardware store. Please do posted some pictures when you have time.

There is now, with Yuriy's affiliation with Blu-DRO.  I will build my own as this is why I have the equipment in the first place.