Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fonts
Using the 7 digit font creates a "jump" problem, always 5.08mm increase after about 1 minute.
Standard large font seems OK.
Any reasons for this.

John
Spain

No , spoke to soon.
it´s jumped from X axis only at this moment, from 0,00mm to 50.06mm in about 20 mins.
Using Igaging DRO´s new and Bluetooth. Al Bassett.
Android tablet.

John
Spain
Adding a power supply decoupling capacitor in the scale head(s) solved the jumping problem that I was having.

They were designed to run on battery power, which is dead quiet. As soon as you hook them up to the "world" they have trouble.

You might also try to find a "brick" type power adapter with a transformer in it from the days before they changed over to the featherweight direct line-switching new ones. Try to find the heaviest one that you can. The new ones have a transistor in them that "sips" current from the AC line and induces high-frequency spikes that require much better filtering (which gets left out to lower cost). Even then it's a good idea to add the caps to the heads. I have an LED lamp that is incredibly "noisy" and made the scales jump all over the place no matter which AC adapter I tried, and the caps were the only solution.
Using the Blu DRO connected through a USB port directly into the box, with a micro USB plug, the Igaging DRO´s connected to the other ports.
Perfect no problems, I left the Android app Touch Dro on  for 5 hours, XYZ set to 0,00  miniscule flickering very occasionally +/- 0.01mm but returns to zeros.
I was under the impression that the Blu box needed around 9V similar to an Arduino board, but all axis now under 5.5V.
So currently not using the power jack at all.
time will tell.

John
(11-19-2017, 06:09 PM)John Wrote: Using the Blu DRO connected through a USB port directly into the box, with a micro USB plug, the Igaging DRO´s connected to the other ports.
Perfect no problems, I left the Android app Touch Dro on  for 5 hours, XYZ set to 0,00  miniscule flickering very occasionally +/- 0.01mm but returns to zeros.
I was under the impression that the Blu box needed around 9V similar to an Arduino board, but all axis now under 5.5V.
So currently not using the power jack at all.
time will tell.

John

I hope you're saying that you solved your problem?

I don't know how the Blu DRO is set up, but the MSP430 microcontroller only needs 3.3V.  I run my Mixed Scales from 5V wall warts because anything above 3.3V has to be dissipated by heating the regulator (excess voltage times the current draw).  I don't think they draw more than 50 milliamps, so it's typically not a big problem.  Even at 9V you only waste about 1/3 of a watt.