Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
board revision question
Hey Yuri, I just got a few Igauging absoluteDRO scales and a touchDRO board from a friend of mine who bought them but never used them, turns out he had one absoluteDRO plus scale and one older non plus version, so I just ordered a second plus scale for my lathe since reading here that this touchDRO only works with plus versions of these scales.... then I noticed that my touchDRO board is a revision 1.0 board. he bought it when you first started making them obviously...

I have read here that you don't release any firmware updates which is understandable, but that you can update the firmware if the board is sent to you. my question is, what differences are there? and is this something I should definitely do before wiring it up? thank you for any help and thoughts with this. Thanks, John Smile
(07-22-2017, 04:33 AM)turbocad6 Wrote: Hey Yuri, I just got a few Igauging absoluteDRO scales and a touchDRO board from a friend of mine who bought them but never used them, turns out he had one absoluteDRO plus scale and one older non plus version, so I just ordered a second plus scale for my lathe since reading here that this touchDRO only works with plus versions of these scales.... then I noticed that my touchDRO board is a revision 1.0 board. he bought it when you first started making them obviously...

I have read here that you don't release any firmware updates which is understandable, but that you can update the firmware if the board is sent to you. my question is, what differences are there? and is this something I should definitely do before wiring it up? thank you for any help and thoughts with this. Thanks, John Smile

John,
Is the board Rev 1 or the firmware (written on the little white rectangle)? Current firmware is 1.3 and most of the changes were actually to address Absolute DRO+ scale stability, so if you have the older version I would definitely upgrade it. 
Regards
Yuriy
thank you Yuriy PM sent Smile