Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do I start?
Here's what I have now, it's a 982-537-1 Mitutoyo Digimatic DRO. The display is shot as best I can tell. The scales are intact and may be OK. I'd like to find out how to use the scales I have if possible as they are already mounted and may be functional. I need to figure out what the scales are (TYPE) and how they operate, what signals they use? 
This might make this a true plug and play for me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I do have a good understanding of electricity and when I understand what I'm working with, signals and I/O's,  I can usually make things work like I want them to by asking the right questions or applying what I've learned in the past few years. I'm an old dog learning new tricks if you know what I mean.
(05-28-2017, 08:26 AM)TheEquineFencer Wrote: Here's what I have now, it's a 982-537-1 Mitutoyo Digimatic DRO. The display is shot as best I can tell. The scales are intact and may be OK. I'd like to find out how to use the scales I have if possible as they are already mounted and may be functional. I need to figure out what the scales are (TYPE) and how they operate, what signals they use? 
This might make this a true plug and play for me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I do have a good understanding of electricity and when I understand what I'm working with, signals and I/O's,  I can usually make things work like I want them to by asking the right questions or applying what I've learned in the past few years. I'm an old dog learning new tricks if you know what I mean.

The scales use Mitutoyo Digimatic protocol. It is similar to what iGaging Absolute DRO+ use, but not identical (more precisely, Abslute DRO+ scales attempted to use Digimatic/SPC protocol, but something got lost in translation from Japanese to Chinese). Your best bet would be to find a use Mitutoyo display on eBay, frankly. 

Here is a link to a manual for your display: http://www.lwta.net/manuals/Mitutoyo_982...manual.pdf. Last page has the specs...

Regards
Yuriy