Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth dropping
Hello, First I would like to thank you for this app. I'm a hobby machinist and could not justify a complete DRO package. This allows me to have DRO as a hobby on a re purposed ShopSmith multi machine set-up as a Drill Press/Mill . My question is I'm running TouchDRO on a rooted NOOK Color that has android 4.2 installed. Bluetooth from my Nook to my car works and so does a speaker but when I connect TouchDRO the first time connects for about 1 minute, then disconnects then every time I connect drops instantly . The Nook still shows connected but TouchDRO flashed up Disconnecting and at the top of the screen shows "Connect". Does anyone know that a Nook Color to work with TouchDRO? I am on a tight budget and already have the Nook. Thanks for a great program.
(05-23-2017, 07:28 PM)MichaelĀ Banak Wrote: Hello, First I would like to thank you for this app. I'm a hobby machinist and could not justify a complete DRO package. This allows me to have DRO as a hobby on a re purposed ShopSmith multi machine set-up as a Drill Press/Mill . My question is I'm running TouchDRO on a rooted NOOK Color that has android 4.2 installed. Bluetooth from my Nook to my car works and so does a speaker but when I connect TouchDRO the first time connects for about 1 minute, then disconnects then every time I connect drops instantly . The Nook still shows connected but TouchDRO flashed up Disconnecting and at the top of the screen shows "Connect". Does anyone know that a Nook Color to work with TouchDRO? I am on a tight budget and already have the Nook. Thanks for a great program.

Michael,
In theory it should work, but I don't have my old NOOK Color anymore, so I can't test it. Are you sure your controller is sending position to the app? TouchDRO will drop the connection if it doesn't get valid position for some time.
Do you have another device to test?

Regards
Yuriy
(05-24-2017, 04:08 AM)Yuriy Thanks for the quick response. You answered my question, I am testing this out and was connecting to another blue tooth device before completing the bluetooth controller. As I stated in my first message, money is tight so wanted to see what I had was going to work before moving on. Thanks again for a great app. Wrote:
(05-23-2017, 07:28 PM)MichaelĀ Banak Wrote: Hello, First I would like to thank you for this app. I'm a hobby machinist and could not justify a complete DRO package. This allows me to have DRO as a hobby on a re purposed ShopSmith multi machine set-up as a Drill Press/Mill . My question is I'm running TouchDRO on a rooted NOOK Color that has android 4.2 installed. Bluetooth from my Nook to my car works and so does a speaker but when I connect TouchDRO the first time connects for about 1 minute, then disconnects then every time I connect drops instantly . The Nook still shows connected but TouchDRO flashed up Disconnecting and at the top of the screen shows "Connect". Does anyone know that a Nook Color to work with TouchDRO? I am on a tight budget and already have the Nook. Thanks for a great program.

Michael,
In theory it should work, but I don't have my old NOOK Color anymore, so I can't test it. Are you sure your controller is sending position to the app? TouchDRO will drop the connection if it doesn't get valid position for some time.
Do you have another device to test?

Regards
Yuriy
I often lose, drop, the bluetooth connection.

I was using the mill with touchdro for 3 hours and then the bluetooth connection was dropped and would not restore.

I shut everything down went home and came back the next day and everything worked all the next day.

Other times the bluetooth connection has been flaky but eventually worked.

Ralph
The power supply can cause problems with Bluetooth. I had to go through several wall warts from my junk box (I never throw those things away just for that reason) before I found one that gave me a stable connection. If you can find one of the heavy ones that actually contain a transformer that might be your best bet. Nowadays they almost all switch the AC line directly to save the expense and size of a transformer, and many of them either don't produce very clean power or radiate RF like crazy.