Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calibrating on a lathe
I have a Yuri quadrature board and am using Renishaw LM10 magnetic scales. Everything is working but I can't seem to figure out how to calibrate it. I watched the video and tried using the same method but on a lathe, but am not having any luck. 

Yuri, do you have any documentation on how to properly calibrate on a lathe?

Thank you
Chris Dafoe
(03-12-2017, 12:31 PM)ChrisDafoe Wrote: I have a Yuri quadrature board and am using Renishaw LM10 magnetic scales. Everything is working but I can't seem to figure out how to calibrate it. I watched the video and tried using the same method but on a lathe, but am not having any luck. 

Yuri, do you have any documentation on how to properly calibrate on a lathe?

Thank you
Chris Dafoe

Chris,
The video is a supplement for this post: http://www.yuriystoys.com/2014/02/dro-sc...ation.html. Take a look at it if you haven't. 
Lathe shouldn't be different. The idea is to move the carriage a known distance (let's say 1 inch), figure out how many pulses that generated and enter that number into the CPI settings. To make the calculation easier, set initial CPI to 1000 for example. If you'r scale's resolution is 5 microns, after you move the carriage the readout will show 5.080 or something close to it. This (ignoring the decimal point) is the number of counts per inch. If you travel 5 inches, it will show 20.400 (5 x 5080). To get CPI you will need to divide this number by 5 and will get 5080 again.
Hope this helps
Yuriy