Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summing two Z scale inputs
Purchased the preassemble DRO Adapter for Glass and Magnetic Scales V2 last year for my PM728VT with MagXact MX100 DRO installed by PM.  Switched out the DRO that came with it for the TouchDRO everything is working fantastic.  Installed a 4th scale this week, SINO KA500 70mm for the Quill travel wanting to sum it with the Z head travel.

I'm a bit confused as to how to do this.  I've searched for information and found references to a W-axis that can be summed with the X, Y or Z axis but the 4th axis is labeled as Angular in settings with no apparent option for linear motion or summing.  X, Y and Z axis' all have a setting for a secondary input but enabling this does not seem to get me any closer to success. 

I'm sure I am likely missing the obvious but any advice or pointing me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

Ken O.
Hi Ken,
The second video on this page covers the configuration: https://www.touchdro.com/resources/getti...ation.html

Thank you
Yuriy
Thank you sir. Problem turned out to be in the Secondary Z-axis setting for prefix. I would think it would be "W" by default so most likely I changed it at some point last year when I was "playing" with my new toy. For whatever reason it was "a", changed to "W" now its working.

As a side note I really do hate-it when I go "stupid", which seems to happen more and more often as the years go by...lol Doing some support work myself I know how frustrating it can be trying to explain things to people that do not have a "grasp" of the basics. Rereading my post I can imagine what you must have been thinking. Just goes to show how far I can fall down the stupid hole these days...lol

Thank you for the quick response.