Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ID this iGAUGING model
Music 
I bought a mill 5 years ago, and it had an iGAUGING DRO on it. I can't find a model number on the DRO.

Can somebody help ID which model this is, so I can buy the correct parts for the TouchDRO?
I have a few more photos if that would help.
Thanks!

[Image: MXbg]
(01-23-2017, 12:59 AM)kent Wrote: I bought a mill 5 years ago, and it had an iGAUGING DRO on it. I can't find a model number on the DRO.

Can somebody help ID which model this is, so I can buy the correct parts for the TouchDRO?
Thanks!

That LOOKS like one of the old, original style scales. The only way to really tell for sure is to get an o-scope read on it's output, though.
Regards,
Brian
(01-28-2017, 01:25 AM)Eskimo2k Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 12:59 AM)kent Wrote: I bought a mill 5 years ago, and it had an iGAUGING DRO on it. I can't find a model number on the DRO.

Thanks!

That LOOKS like one of the old, original style scales. The only way to really tell for sure is to get an o-scope read on it's output, though.

This is the old/classic 21 bit DigiMag scale.
I also have these original type scales on my mill.Will they work with Yuris TouchDRO. If so which version should I buy? Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me with this.
For $56 the Mixed Scale DRO Controller Kit would work for Igaging Digimag scales. You'd have to solder-it-yourself. The $79 pre-assembled Igaging Controller would also work for Igaging Digimag scales. In his September 27, 2016 article, "Choosing the Right TouchDRO Adapter for Your Scales", Yuriy states: "If you intend to use the kit with a set iGaging scales, the dedicated iGaging controller will work much better (than the Mixed Scale Controller). iGaging/Shahe scales are very sensitive to noise and the purpose-built controller will perform many times better in that regard."

So I would get the $79 Igaging Controller.

I also have the Igaging Digimag scales but mistakenly ordered the Mixed Scale Controller just after Yuriy went out of town. I've been trying to contact him to modify my order to get the Igaging Controller instead and pay the difference before he gets back and starts shipping again on April 3rd. Hopefully Yuriy will see this.

Tim Osborn
Thanks Tim. I went ahead and ordered the board you suggested as well as the mini usb breakout boards. I have had those scales for a few years but never installed them after hearing a few negative reports on the accuracy. Finished installing them today and I have to say they are excellent for accuracy. Can't wait for my tablet and Yuri's board to arrive.