Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fried board
I replaced the power supply, and killed the board.

The new power supply said 12v and had the right size connector, but it was 12v AC. I have never seen a 12v AC wall wart (until yesterday). Nowhere on the unit does it say AC. It says "Input = 120v AC. Output = 12v"

I'm super disappointed, to say the least.

Is there any way to repair the board or get a discount on a replacement?
(03-03-2018, 05:00 PM)kent Wrote: I replaced the power supply, and killed the board.

The new power supply said 12v and had the right size connector, but it was 12v AC. I have never seen a 12v AC wall wart (until yesterday). Nowhere on the unit does it say AC. It says "Input = 120v AC. Output = 12v"

I'm super disappointed, to say the least.

Is there any way to repair the board or get a discount on a replacement?

Which board version do you have?
Yuriy,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The board I have is the older style iGaging with 4 screw down connectors for the USB cable input.
(03-03-2018, 07:01 PM)kent Wrote: Yuriy,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The board I have is the older style iGaging with 4 screw down connectors for the USB cable input.

I don't have any of those boards anymore, but can replace the voltage regulator pretty easily or send you a new one. Part and labor - is free, you cover the shipping.

Thank you
Yuriy
Best customer service ever! Thanks so much!

Where should I mail it to?

---
I don't have any of those boards anymore, but can replace the voltage regulator pretty easily or send you a new one. Part and labor - is free, you cover the shipping.

Thank you
Yuriy
(03-03-2018, 08:51 PM)kent Wrote: Best customer service ever! Thanks so much!

Where should I mail it to?

---

Thank you
Yuriy

Sorry for the late reply - I was away.
I sent you a PM with my address.

Thank you
Yuriy