Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Datums set from from abs then display %
(02-03-2017, 03:59 AM)Eskimo2k Wrote: It sounds like you have a VERY cool project in the works.

That being said, don't you think it might be a more complete solution to develop your own app for this? It sounds like TouchDRO might be a great starting point, but applying a piece of software to a problem it was never designed for never works out well. It sounds to me like you would be better suited with a mapping database solution. The TouchDRO app could be a good basis of the mapping portion of that solution.

Just a thought.

Thanks for the reply Brian, you are totally right, development of my own app would be an ideal solution, and the TouchDRO software would be a great base to build on. However when it comes to coding i am still very much a novice so i don't think i could attempt it myself.

As it is, the TouchDRO software does allow me to get a feel for my robots movments by setting the display to incrimental in the 'rest' position, then by remembering the limits, i can quickly get a feel for the robots movements.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Datums set from from abs then display % - by 0rmus - 02-03-2017, 10:30 AM