Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIY build bluetooth problem
Smile 
Hi, new here, in the UK

I have a self assembly unit on order from TouchDRO, but I know it'll take a little time to get here, then customs etc, so.... as I can't help myself I decided to have a go at a scratch built unit.
Like others I eventually used the download tool (I did get a working ESP32 with the command line tool eventually) but I'm finding that Bluetooth is very unreliable. If I erase and then reflash the unit the Bluetooth connection to my tablet and TouchDRO works fine for hours until I either disconnect the tablet or turn off the power to the ESP32, then the Bluetooth doesn't seem to work any more, non of my android devices can see the Bluetooth connection.
As it's very repeatable I suspect the ESP32 is fine, but it's not quite the same unit as the ones Yuri seems to use, so I suspect it's a slight miss match with the code? I hadn't realised there were so many variations Smile  This one doesn't seem to have the blue and green LED's, or maybe that's the problem?

I've not connected any scales yet as I haven't built the rest of the circuit.

Anyway I have some more coming (from Amazon again) so I'll see what these ones do, if the bluetooth connection works reliably then I'll have a go at making a 2 axis unit, as I'll be using glass scales and only 2 axis it looks like I can omit a few components.

Steve

Messages In This Thread
DIY build bluetooth problem - by Steveo - 03-25-2024, 10:08 AM
RE: DIY build bluetooth problem - by Steveo - 03-27-2024, 10:31 AM
RE: DIY build bluetooth problem - by DaveSteam - 04-03-2024, 08:42 AM
RE: DIY build bluetooth problem - by Steveo - 04-03-2024, 10:12 PM