Forum
Need Help Connecting Quad Adapter - Printable Version

+- Forum (https://forum.yuriystoys.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.yuriystoys.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Help and Support (https://forum.yuriystoys.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Need Help Connecting Quad Adapter (/showthread.php?tid=406)

Need Help Connecting Quad Adapter - RobTowns - 12-14-2018

Hi I'm new to this forum,

I've inherited glass scales and TouchDRO Quadrature Adapter Board from my brother. The Quad board is completely assembled (new in packaging) and he got it from Yuriy some two or three years ago.
 (see attached picture)

The scales have the following pinout :

1 Red:     + (+5V) 
2 Yellow:  A (+4.2V)
3 White:   B (+4.2V)
4 Green:   Z (+0.4V)
5 Black:    -  (+0.0V)
6 Blue:    SHIELD (GND)

(see attachment)

I am uncertain how to connect to the board. As you can see the scales have A B Z  but not A B  (sorry I cannot overline, only underline with this editor on this forum) 

So I'm puzzled as to what to do.

Help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks! Rob

RE: Need Help Connecting Quad Adapter - Briney Eye - 12-14-2018

(12-14-2018, 03:57 PM)RobTowns Wrote: Hi I'm new to this forum,

I've inherited glass scales and TouchDRO Quadrature Adapter Board from my brother. The Quad board is completely assembled (new in packaging) and he got it from Yuriy some two or three years ago.
 (see attached picture)

The scales have the following pinout :

1 Red:     + (+5V) 
2 Yellow:  A (+4.2V)
3 White:   B (+4.2V)
4 Green:   Z (+0.4V)
5 Black:    -  (+0.0V)
6 Blue:    SHIELD (GND)

(see attachment)

I am uncertain how to connect to the board. As you can see the scales have A B Z  but not A B  (sorry I cannot overline, only underline with this editor on this forum) 

So I'm puzzled as to what to do.

Help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks! Rob

To quote from the quadrature adapter details page:

"Inputs A' and B' are optional. If left unconnected, they will be pulled down to the ground and the readout will still work as expected."

Yuriy, when's the next version coming out?

RE: Need Help Connecting Quad Adapter - RobTowns - 12-15-2018

(12-14-2018, 04:50 PM)Briney Eye Wrote: >>To quote from the quadrature adapter details page:

>>"Inputs A' and B' are optional. If left unconnected, they will be pulled down to the ground and the readout will still work as expected."

>>>Yuriy, when's the next version coming out?

Yes I read that. But it doesn't help since there are no A' & B' wires on my scales to begin with!  Further, it does not state what to do with Z, if one has scales having that feature.

RE: Need Help Connecting Quad Adapter - Briney Eye - 12-17-2018

(12-15-2018, 07:17 AM)RobTowns Wrote:
(12-14-2018, 04:50 PM)Briney Eye Wrote: >>To quote from the quadrature adapter details page:

>>"Inputs A' and B' are optional. If left unconnected, they will be pulled down to the ground and the readout will still work as expected."

>>>Yuriy, when's the next version coming out?

Yes I read that. But it doesn't help since there are no A' & B' wires on my scales to begin with!  Further, it does not state what to do with Z, if one has scales having that feature.

They're just a different way of indicating the logical 'Not A' and 'Not B' lines from a scale with differential outputs.  You only have to hook up A, B, power and ground.  Z is an index pulse to establish an absolute position, and you don't need that either.