Forum

Full Version: Original iGaging Absolute Scales
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, we've finally done it.
We've deciphered the original iGaging Absolute scale output and turned it into a value that is an absolute value that TouchDRO can read. These are NOT the latest version of these scales, which use a BCD format, but the older (oldest) version.
The current code is only compatible with the Arduino, but the conversion over to MSP is only limited to the time that I have to work on it, and that is extremely limited. Sorry.
This code has been used successfully with TouchDRO. We are still looking at avenues in order distribute it. Everyone that bought these scales with the idea of using them with TouchDRO should be aware that the problem has been solved, though. The output from the scales IS absolute, though. If you lose power, TouchDRO will display the exact same value that was displayed prior to losing power. And there is no screen timeout, if you don't want it.

Based on Yuriy's suggestion, I pulled the attached file because it did not include a licensing statement. Once this project is a little more finalized, the code will once again be freely available.
Please note that this is the FIRST public forum this code has been posted on. I want to avoid any legal ... entanglements.
Great job, Brian!
I admire your tenacity. I would've thrown the scales at the wall (with a few encouraging words) years ago.
One small suggestion: your sketch doesn't have licensing info. I would add it just to be explicit, regardless of what it is.

Thank you
Yuriy
Thanks Yuriy!

I hadn't even considered licensing info, that has now been added, GNU 3.

I would have chucked those a few years ago, too, but Jimmy can be a pest  Tongue And these are HIS scales, not mine! Big Grin
I've finalized the pin assignments based on the easiest possible build. It's still a bit cumbersome, since every wire on every USB breakout board must go to a different connector, but it works, and the actual build is pretty simple.
Right now I'm just trying to find time to do an actual build tutorial. Once I get that done the Arduino version will be complete. We are just trying to get distribution options set up. If you want to chime in or help, that would be great!

I've added quite a few more comments to the code since the last post, trying to explain exactly what is going on in each line. For programmers, it's obvious. For non-programmers, it's gibberish. The code only needs 9 lines to be changed by the end user, based on their setup, and those are at the very top of the code. Hopefully I've made it obvious enough what those are.