Forum

Full Version: which tablets are you using
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looking to upgrade my current tablet. So, which tablets is the hive currently using?
Amazon Fire 7's on my lathe and mill. There's the hassle of installing the Google Store before you can run TouchDRO, but I see that you can get one today on Prime for $29.99, or an 8" for $49.99.
(11-25-2018, 02:08 PM)S1loki Wrote: [ -> ]Looking to upgrade my current tablet. So, which tablets is the hive currently using?

I use Samsung 7" tablet on the mill and 7" Amazon Fire on the lathe. Fire is a steal of a deal, but it doesn't come with Google App Store. It's relatively straight forward to shoe horn it on, but requires some level of comfort with computers/tablets. 

Regards
Yuriy
(11-25-2018, 08:52 PM)Yuriy Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2018, 02:08 PM)S1loki Wrote: [ -> ]Looking to upgrade my current tablet. So, which tablets is the hive currently using?

I use Samsung 7" tablet on the mill and 7" Amazon Fire on the lathe. Fire is a steal of a deal, but it doesn't come with Google App Store. It's relatively straight forward to shoe horn it on, but requires some level of comfort with computers/tablets. 

Regards
Yuriy

My Nexus7 is having some issues. Someone bumbled and fumbled it. So a replacement is in order. Before I pull the trigger, was just thinking about a Nexus9 versus another Nexus7

Yuriy,
The app and hardware have been running flawless for me. Friends of mine are also impressed with the set-up. My G0781 is a breeze to use.
I use an Amazon Kindle 7". I leave the WiFi turned off, don't need updates or other interference :-)
on the tablet front...

I just picked up an ONN(WallyWorld brand) SURF 10.1" tablet to play with. 

Not bad for $60 and a non-neutered OS on it. Runs Android 9 Pie, has BT, 2gigs of ram and a microSD slot(16 gig).

Next up is to carry it out to the shop and pair it to the adapter. TouchDRO looks just fine on it also.
Yuri uses an Amazon Fire 7, on sale today for $29.99.

I have an Amazon Fire 8 that I could use for no cost.

Has anyone had success with an Amazon Fire 8 ?

Paul
Paul,
Pretty much any version of Amazon Fire works, but I still haven't been able to list the app in their store, so you will need to side-load Google Play Store onto it first. There are plenty of instructions on the 'net
Regards
Yuriy
here is the 10" ONN SURF tablet fired up and connected. A lot easier to work with phat fingers
Samsung Galaxy Tab e 9.6" on the mill.
Pages: 1 2