Forum

Full Version: dropped connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have successfully modified sketch to read a cheap cheap HF caliper and send the data to TouchDRO via the Bluetooth. I have actually seen it work once! I am going nutz trying to get everything to work reliably.
Using Touchdro v 2.5.10, Arduio Uno, Bluetooth HC-06.
I can use Tera-Term (on my PC) terminal program to see the data transmitted from the Bluetooth. I currently have only one caliper hooked up so I'm sending '0' to TouchDRO for Y and Z, and have y and z disabled in TouchDRO. Bluetooth on the Android says it's pared with HC-06.
when I open TouchDRO and try to connect, connects and drops the connection almost immediately.I never get as far as setting the X CPI. I swear it did connect once and the X axis readout agreed with the caliper. TouchDro changed from mm to in mode and even zeroed the readout.
Help!
It's been a struggle but I'm not giving up...

Chuck
Having the same issue. Using a Kindle Fire 7 with Blu DRO - Al Basset has been very helpful but thought I'd hit the forum for suggestions. Each time I leave the main DRO screen to go to settings the BT device drops. When I return to the main screen it reconnects but the position data changes making it impossible to calibrate. I'm also noticing that the positional data fluctuates when the axis aren't moving

Dennis
(11-24-2016, 02:55 PM)Clubmaster00 Wrote: [ -> ]Having the same issue. Using a Kindle Fire 7 with Blu DRO - Al Basset has been very helpful but thought I'd hit the forum for suggestions. Each time I leave the main DRO screen to go to settings the BT device drops. When I return to the main screen it reconnects but the position data changes making it impossible to calibrate. I'm also noticing that the positional data fluctuates when the axis aren't moving

Dennis

Dennis,
Disconnections are normal. It's a feature designed to reduce power consumption.
Under normal conditions you should not loose position. You should be able to completely exit the app, come back a week later and go back to the same position, as long as the controller didn't loose power and the mill didn't move.
Al's Blu DRO is basically Arduino with a custom made shield, running TouchDRO sketch. I had all sort of problems with Arduino (including position loss, etc.), so I basically dropped support for it. 

Regards
Yuriy
Yuriy
Solved my principal problem by realizing I had checked the invert values box, must have been my fat thumbs when setting the CPI value. Only remaining question is why the DRO values fluctuate by .0004 when the axis isn't moving. Still chasing accuracy/repeatability

Dennis