Forum

Full Version: Cable length - place of the controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I've got two questions :
- must I shorten the cables coming from the scales ?
- where do you recommend to place the TouchDRO controller : on the mill, far from the motor / speed controller of the mill, away from vibrations ?
Regards
Thierry
Which board are you using? I would mount the board away from the motor or its controls if it were me and in a solid location. On my mill I'm running one of the iGaging micro b boards and mounted the controller on the back side of the mill stand. for me shortening the cables really wasn't practical. but I would assume that for best results shorter cables from the read heads run away from major components and properly grounded/shielded would be the best bet
Hi,
a late answer...
I'm using a DIY board (Texas Instrument).
I've mounted the board in the middle of the back side of the stand, me too.
Sometimes the X axis freezes (maybe the plug on the board is loose and the vibrations make the trouble).
Thierry
Good to hear you have it working, I think I would plug the x axis scale into the y and see if it's the board or the scale. At least then you may be able to diagnose which is the issue.
Hi Tweinke.
Very good idea. I'll check that.
Regards
Thierry