Forum

Full Version: Parallel (dual DRO) operation possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My question is:

I already have a Sino 3-Axis DRO installed on my mill.  The scales are glass scales.  Is it possible to add the TouchDRO system to my existing system without loosing the functionality of the original DRO?  Or in other words, can I take the output of my scales and rout the signal to both the original DRO as well as this sytem and add the MUCH BETTER interface?  Thanks for your feedback on the noob question.
(05-09-2017, 05:55 AM)supwicha Wrote: [ -> ]My question is:

I already have a Sino 3-Axis DRO installed on my mill.  The scales are glass scales.  Is it possible to add the TouchDRO system to my existing system without loosing the functionality of the original DRO?  Or in other words, can I take the output of my scales and rout the signal to both the original DRO as well as this sytem and add the MUCH BETTER interface?  Thanks for your feedback on the noob question.

I just replied to your YouTube messages, but here it goes again:

Garrett,
I haven't tried that but in theory it should work. TouchDRO board uses high impedance quadrature decoders on the input stage, but there is a resistor between the complimentary lines. It might mess withe Sino's head. Conversely, if Sino's head has low impedance inputs TouchDRO might have trouble getting clean signal.
Just curious, why do you want to run both? Is there something Sino does that TouchDRO doesn't?

Regards
Yuriy