Forum

Full Version: Android app upgrade using diy v1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yuri
Very long time no post. I last posted 2.5 years ago. I have a version 1.1 board built from a kit you provided years ago. About 2 years ago Inretired your system  (to a CNC on my mill) but have just reactivated for my lathe.. My initial connection to my lathe was amazingly easy. Then it seems that android updated the app to the latest version and since then things have become very unstable, often (mostly) with the app not reading the gauge. The android device sees HC05 and I can select it in the app settings but then the signal drops all the time from the gauge. I have tested the gauge with the readout and it is fine. Any ideas?
(11-25-2023, 11:01 PM)Aussieatlarge Wrote: [ -> ]Yuri
Very long time no post. I last posted 2.5 years ago. I have a version 1.1 board built from a kit you provided years ago. About 2 years ago Inretired your system  (to a CNC on my mill) but have just reactivated for my lathe.. My initial connection to my lathe was amazingly easy. Then it seems that android updated the app to the latest version and since then things have become very unstable, often (mostly) with the app not reading the gauge. The android device sees HC05 and I can select it in the app settings but then the signal drops all the time from the gauge. I have tested the gauge with the readout and it is fine. Any ideas?

i don't know
(03-22-2024, 07:11 AM)geraldine221 Wrote: [ -> ]

i don't know

Hi Yuri

I too am having issues with the latest update. My lathe with capcitive scales Launchpad MSP board and HC05 Bluetooth no no longer works (Bluetooth connects ok but random readings from the scales)

My mill with glass scales ESP32 board works better but occasionally the scale output pauses for a second or so. 

I have different tablets for each but have swapped them with no change. 

Can I get back to the previous version of TouchDRO?

Up to the update both were working fine. 

Dave
(04-13-2024, 03:44 PM)DaveSteam Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-22-2024, 07:11 AM)geraldine221 Wrote: [ -> ]

i don't know

Hi Yuri

I too am having issues with the latest update. My lathe with capcitive scales Launchpad MSP board and HC05 Bluetooth no no longer works (Bluetooth connects ok but random readings from the scales)

My mill with glass scales ESP32 board works better but occasionally the scale output pauses for a second or so. 

I have different tablets for each but have swapped them with no change. 

Can I get back to the previous version of TouchDRO?

Up to the update both were working fine. 

Dave

I can confirm that it is the updated App that is causing the issues.
I found that I had the previous version (3.23.12 build 2023-12-04) on my phone from when I was setting up my system. That works fine with both my setups.

The new version (3.23.04 build 2024-04-02) will not work with the MSP/HC05 configuration and has occasional pauses with the ESP32 configuration.

@Yuri, is there any way you can make the 2023 app available? (Perhaps link to the .apk file on the download page of your website)

I have disabled auto updates on my phone to prevent losing a working version.

Thanks
Dave