Forum

Full Version: Y axis stopped working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been working with my repaired touch dro with no problem since it was repaired a while ago. Tonight the y axis stopped working. I swapped the x and y and the igage for the y axis works fine in the x slot. What should be my next step to fix this?
(11-11-2021, 11:00 PM)drinkr Wrote: [ -> ]I have been working with my repaired touch dro with no problem since it was repaired a while ago. Tonight the y axis stopped working. I swapped the x and y and the igage for the y axis works fine in the x slot. What should be my next step to fix this?

Which version of the board do you have?
I’m not sure if this is the version but the board has 2.4 written in pen on it. Also when I opened it I saw the y micro connector has broken free. I had the wires and box mounted permanently so I didn’t expect that.
(11-12-2021, 02:18 PM)drinkr Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not sure if this is the version but the board has 2.4 written in pen on it. Also when I opened it I saw the y micro connector has broken free. I had the wires and box mounted permanently so I didn’t expect that.

That's the "old" MSP430 based board. I had a batch of those with "cold" solder joints and a few made it into the wild before I caught the problem. Yours is likely #8 of that batch.
Please email me (yuriy at touchdro dot com).